Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year Everyone!!! I've never thought of New Year's Resolutions until the past two years. I remember that my first New Year Resolution in my life was a really weird one....but I can't remember what it was. Anyway, my New Year's Resolution for 2011 is to enjoy studying, and get determined. My second resolution for the year is to start organizing my time more wisely. This resolution is important because as I've told you in my first blog post, I am a slow worker. I know that 7th and 8th grade is going to be tougher so now I have to start preparing myself for that by organizing my time more efficiently.

During the winter break, I went back to my home country, Thailand. Just before Christmas, my uncle and aunt brought my cousins, brother, and I to a restaurant named Hajime, the robot restaurant. The price was 60RM per adult, and 30RM per child. Customers order through a touchscreen at their table and robots come and serve the food. But they can order everything they want within 2 hours and 45 minutes. Well, we ordered, and everything came quick, and yummy. After finishing what we ordered, we wanted some more. So, we ordered the second time, and waited for a long time, and it still didn't arrive. We thought that what we ordered didn't reach the robot, so we pressed the same thing again, and again. After another half an hour of waiting, the robot came. It carried ten trays, five stacked up on one side, and five on the other. Then the robot came again, with ten more trays, and then came the third time with ten more trays. So there we had on our table, 30 trays of food.

 We gave about 10 trays back to the waiters, so we had 20 left. We had 6 people, and 20 trays of food. After the six of us shoved in 10 trays of food, my aunt, younger cousin, and I went to the toilet. We had to clear our stomachs before shoving another lot in. Then, when we went back to our table, the rest of the people at the table said that we were so unlucky - the robots just finished dancing Spiderman and "Nobody" by the Wonder Girls as well. Argh!!!! Anyway, we each ate one more tray, leaving us with four more trays to clear. Since no one else's stomach had space for the food, my brother decided to finish it all. In total, he ate about 7 - 8 trays of food (not including the rice!!!!) I had no idea how he managed all that, and actually, no one did, not even he himself!! What an experience!



My talents lean towards the arts. I like art, no matter what kind - crafts work, painting, drawing, sculpting, mixed media in art, music, etc. People say that I'm good at arts, but I think that I'm especially good at crafts work and music. I know how to knit and sew, and I play the piano and violin. I also play a Chinese instrument named erhu. Now my mother wants me to start on a Thai instrument, called the sor duang, but I prefer another instrument named Kim better. I was also trained as a swimmer for about 6 - 7 years already. The best thing I like in swimming is competitions. You have the opportunity to get medals in competitions, and on competition days, you don't need to train as hard as normal times. The only bad thing is the training on competition days are in the morning, when the weather is cold along with the pool and you have to wake up early as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment