Saturday, August 14, 2010

Which social scientist?

Which social scientist would I like to be? Well, between an archaeologist, historian, and geographer, I would choose an.......ARCHAEOLOGIST! You would probably want to know why I chose an archaeologist. Read on and find out in the next few paragraphs.


There are three reasons of why I chose an archaeologist. The first reason is that when I was very little, I went to the beach very often, mostly on the weekends. Each time I went there, I would bring a medium - sized jar with me. This jar is for putting interesting objects such as old objects, shells, half burnt paper or wood, and many others. When I got home, I would list all the objects I could collect, and examine most of them. After that, I would pick out my favorite ones, and separate them in another jar. On Mondays, my class always had a session where you can tell the class what you did during the weekends, or whatever you want to share with the class. That is when I take the chance to present my 'interesing facts' that I found through he weekends. Even until now, I still like to collect shells and 'old' objects. Plus, now I still have all the things I collected when I was 4 years old, at the beach.

The second reason is that I like to know what people do daily, especially in the olden days. I like to learn about ancient objects and places. Studying about people's lives entertains me most of the time, and that is why biographies are the best kind of non - fiction books for me. I like animals, because not only that like to study about people's lives, but also animal's lives as well!!


The third reason is that I like to travel and tour all over the places, and I like to dig about everywhere. At the beach, I like to dig very deep into the sand until it gets abit wet. When I was about 4 - 5 years old, these are the things I liked to do. At school, I like to bury toys, and then one week later I come and see if it is still there or not. At home I hide things from my brother, and then see if he could find it. I do all these funny and silly things, but now I'm not really into them. I'm now more of a reader and collecter.


Maybe some day, I'll be known as Tem the Archaeologist! Let's wait and see.




Graphic sources: http://www.google.com.my/imgres?imgurl=http://www.picture-newsletter.com/archeology/skeleton-archaeology.jpg


http://www.google.com.my/imgres?imgurl=http://www.sanelijo.org/images/archaeology2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment